Monday, September 18, 2006

Episode LXVI - Escaping the Night Away

Due to yet another trans-temporal time shift, the Comic Book Haters' podcast will be appearing outside of their regularly scheduled time this week. Fortunately, this time around it's coming at you a little early. Consider this an early Christmas gift from the Haters, because you know damn well they aren't buying shit for you this year. Join the CBH crew as they review the Escapists by Brian K. Vaughan and some other guy that draws a lot like Rick Geary. Click here to listen in, or click anywhere else on this page to listen to something else instead. For God's sake, man, just click something!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Umbrellaman was on and I enjoyed the Escapists review. But I have to say the beer review was a little boring. I hope that doesn't become a regular segment.

Unless of course you can leverage it to get free beer. I couldn't blame you for that.

9/19/2006 01:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hear you on that one. When I re-listened to the beer review, I was bored silly. It was basically filler, but didn't taste great.

Having said that, we'll probably do it again anyway.

-Sloofus

9/19/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the first issue of the Escapists and liked it. I meant to pick up the next issue, but I saw #3 on the shelf without ever remembering seeing the second issue.

It wasn't that the beer review was boring. It's just that I was listening to it at 6:15 this morning and I don't normally like to hear about how spicy a beer is or isn't that early in the morning. Also, there is really only two different ratings a beer can get when being reviewed - It's Guinness or it's not Guinness. That's the only two facts I need to know about a beer.

P.S. I really like Guinness.

- Your Buddy Super Fan Rick

9/19/2006 06:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That image is from the escapist comic book, not the escapists. There's a difference you know. Otherwise I liked the episode.

9/19/2006 06:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About that image...in my defense I was also under the influence of some other kind of beer when I slapped it together...thanks for the feedback!!

Umbrellaman

9/19/2006 07:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.