Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Celebration Unheralded!

If you're looking to the Comic Book Haters podcast for any form of entertainment whatsoever, it's obvious that you're content to look elsewhere as well. Might we suggest these other portals of individuality?
The implied regret of the Comic Book Haters and unknown response from other parties involved is almost palpable.

Click forward, to bentcorner.com for mental imaginings; to the News Holes for pithy, 'current topic' commentary; My Bad Thoughts for transcontinental cartoon hijinx, or to witness the Al Wiseman Blog triumphantly feasting upon the departed corpse of June Comics. The inquisitive amongst you might attempt to solve the "Mystery of the Missing Cappy."

The Dopefiend carries interesting transmissions, and Jimmy Robinson is putting out a new Bomb Girl series right now. Tons of comics are coming out every month, as well. It's a good time to enjoy some real art. But don't forget about Mother Nature.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some cool shit on there. Thanks!

10/18/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Schooly said...

By the way, I've been waiting for a new June comic. Mrs. G has asked me to put in a request for a new strip. So how about it already?!

10/18/2006 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug. I should point out that I’m trying to get away from the “BentCorner.com” website name and instead use the new name, “TheDrunkenZombie.com”. It came to my attention that the word “Bent” had certain connotations in certain communities that I believe ran contrary to the overall theme and intended scope of my blog. Specifically, the word “Bent” meant a certain something in the gay homosexual community. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just did not want my blog associated with the gay homosexual community.

That is the same reason I originally rejected the names “TubeOfLube.com” and “RestStopLove.com” when I first created my blog. Those names also invoke gay homosexual connotations to some people.

The old name (BentCorner.com) automatically redirects visitors to TheDrunkenZombie.com so it is all good.

10/19/2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger The Comic Book Haters said...

Sorry about that. I like the Drunken Zombie moniker a lot better, so I'm kind of surprised that I messed that up. I suppose it had to do with something else occupying my brain at the time. What that was, I really don't know.

10/19/2006 02:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug and the link to My Bad Thoughts without even asking for an exchange. Alex returned the favour with a link on the front page.

10/19/2006 02:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.