Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Episode XXIII - If Fate Be My Destiny


With so much anger in the world, the Comic Book Haters decide to shed a little love onto the denizens of the internet. Join them as they reminisce about their favorite comic book inspired movies. Schooly G, DJ Sloofus, and perennial sidekicks Cappy and Umbrellaman each take turns espousing the finer points of each selected film. Quite honestly, Cappy did more bitching than espousing, but what else is new? Also in this episode, DJ Sloofus throws Schooly a bone with another 'War-based' comic; this time it's Sgt. Rock's tales of something or other. Check out which flicks were selected by clicking this link.

Keep those 'Listener Submissions' coming to thecomicbookhaters@yahoo.com.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, a stellar show. I really enjoyed hearing the run down of everyone's favorite comic book movies. I noticed one glaring omission. You forgot to mention Hellboy. I also really like Ghost World. I have never read the graphic novel, but the movie gets better every time I watch it. I liked the Sin City movie better then I liked the actual books. Same material told in the same manner, but the movie was a better medium for this style of story telling. Batman Begins set a new standard for funny book movies. From what I have seen of the up coming Superman movie, it might even be better then Batman Begins.

Great show guys. Even Cappy was good. I think he is starting to grow on me.

1/11/2006 07:21:00 AM  
Blogger The Comic Book Haters said...

Much like fungus, Cappy does have a tendency to grow on people. I recommend lamisil. It can work wonders.

-DJ Sloofus

P.S. Let's not forget Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. That one really raised the bar.

1/11/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Schooly said...

Is that the one where Richard Pryor sets him self on fire freebasing?

much love to my recently departed nigga.

1/11/2006 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.