Friday, July 25, 2008

Video Podcast #2: Shannon Smith


Comic Book Haters Indie Spotlight: Shannon Smith from The Comic Book Haters on Vimeo.
Here it is, the second fantabulous episode of the Comic Book Haters' Video Indie Spotlight! Shannon Smith is given the 'up close and personal' treatment by DJ Sloofus, Schooly G, and Umbrellaman. Smith creates stories in the ever-popular "Minicomix" format. Ain't that just grand? The program is presented from glorious Vimeo, so you have to watch it right here, on this very screen! Isn't that all kitschy and shit? Don't worry, fellow RSS fans, an iPod friendly, downloadable version will follow shortly. Visit http://www.shannonsmith.net for more comics and information.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shano said...

Thanks for covering the stuff guys! I knew when I made the Bible comic that a lot of people would be "ugh, get that Bible thing away from me" from the start but if you get a chance to read it, I tried to focus it on some of the more exciting moments. (Or at least the ones I thought would be fun to draw.) There is actually another Phillip mini and some other funny things I must have been out of when I mailed that stuff in. I'll mail ya some more junk soon. Thanks! Keep it up.

7/27/2008 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Comic Book Haters said...

I actually did go back and read that entire bible minicomic, and liked it a lot. The bible sure is a fucked up book; we should review that sometime.

7/28/2008 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Josh Latta said...

You really should-
Especially the parts about sodomy.

7/28/2008 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Shano said...

Thanks!

A page by page, verse by verse video review of the complete Bible. Now that's entertainment!

7/28/2008 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Shano said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/28/2008 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger The Comic Book Haters said...

Yeah, I had absolutely no upbringing with the bible as a kid, but I did actually read a lot of it in the mid 1990s. It was pretty interesting, though I gotta say both Jesus and his dad were very harsh critics. I'd like to hear those two review something.

7/28/2008 08:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.