Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hating By Demand


Several (one) of our listeners have written in, requesting that we hate on various comics or comic creators in particular. Time constraints obviously prevent us from hating on all requested items on the 'air,' so I'd like to take a moment to address these particular personages and titles right now:

1. Kevin Smith: "Chasing Amy" and "Mallrats" rocked, but what the fuck is up with "Jersey Girl"? That movie has got to be the worst piece of shit that I ever rented, burned a copy of, and never got around to watching. Also, what's with all the gay jokes? Go out and smoke a pole already, Smith; the world knows you're half homo. He did make some good ass movies, though. He gets minimal amounts of Hating.

2. Jack Kirby/The Black Racer: First of all, no one talks smack on the King when I'm in town. Having said that, what was in Kirby's cigar when he came up with this character? And what's up with so many 70's comic characters naming themselves the "Black" something or other? I'm all for putting whitey in his place, but let's try to infuse a little creativity here. I don't walk around calling myself the "Caucasian Podcast Host," and mainly because I don't want anyone to know I'm associated with this piece of shit. Last time I checked, Kirby's name was all over the New Gods. Fuck the Black Racer; Kirby rules.

Email us with your requests. There's a world of hating out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.